1. Applications will be accepted from the young person’s CLIC Sargent Social Worker, Marie Curie nurse, Macmillan nurse, POONS team, hospital consultant or other senior doctor, GP, other health professional involved in the young person’s care, directly by the family or young person if over the age of 16.
2. All applications must be verified and signed by the young person’s consultant or a senior health professional in the knowledge that the application is being made on behalf of the patient.
3. The Trustees will consider applications to support children and young people with terminal cancer to achieve their wishes with a clear focus on memory making. The application should clearly demonstrate the impact that the gift will have on the applicant and his/her family.
4. The young person must be aged under 25 (0 – 24 years + 364 days)
5. Cash Gifts are up to the value of £500, the amount awarded lies with the discretion of the Board of Trustees at Dragonfly Cancer Trust. The grant is a “one-off” application and repeat requests cannot be considered.
6. The applications must be made within a reasonable timeframe to enable Dragonfly Cancer Trust to respond appropriately and allows the recipient to use the gift in the way in which it was applied for.
7. Please be aware that by making this application you are required to provide confirmation that the medical team consider that the young person can no longer be cured and their care is palliative in nature.
8. It would be extremely helpful if you can make Dragonfly Cancer Trust aware of any special/difficult circumstances the team should be aware of before contacting the family.
9. Please be aware that each application is assessed by the Board of Trustees and it is not guaranteed that every application will be successful. You are therefore advised not to promise/guarantee the young person or their family that the application will be successful.
10. Grant outcomes are final and cannot be appealed or challenged with the staff or the Trustees of Dragonfly Cancer Trust.
11. The Cash Gift is awarded to the recipient in good faith for the purpose for which it was applied for and cannot be reissued to family members should circumstances change. Gifts cannot be used retrospectively. Whoever is making the application should be mindful of any
time constraints when applying for support.
12. Cheques must be cashed within two months of the date of issues and cannot be reissued at a later date.
13. In the unlikely event that there is an error on the cheque, please contact the Trust as soon as possible so that a replacement may be sent to you.
14. Please send a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that you have submitted a form via Mimecast.
If you have any questions, or if you have not heard from Dragonfly Cancer Trust within 7 days of submitting the application, please contact the office:
Telephone 0191 261 0971 / Email email@example.com